The Gugan Gulwan School Holiday Program operates every school holiday at the Centre for young Aboriginal and Torres Islander children aged between 8-14 years in the ACT region. The program has a strong cultural foundation and is inclusive of activities, events and practices to facilitate culturally enriching experiences. The program offers young people an opportunity to socialise and to participate in a variety of recreational activities in a supervised safe environment that otherwise may not be available to them.
The core objectives and outcomes of the Gugan Gulwan School Holiday Program are:
- Engagement of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- Opportunity to build healthy social networks
- Encourage, promote, participation and attendance at cultural experiences/events
- Healthy lifestyles and decision making
- Social/community inclusion
- Team work
- Family support
- Supervised, safe environment
Please note: This program is in high demand and places are limited. There may be a small cost for your child/ren to attend. Priority is given to children and their families who may not have accessed the program previously.
To register your interest in the school holiday program please click here.