The Gugan Gulwan Music program is designed to engage and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people in the ACT region who have an interest or passion for music. The music program is for young people at elementary or intermediate levels. The program provides a range of musical instruments with ongoing music tuition and performance opportunities.
The core objectives and outcomes of the Gugan Gulwan Music Program are:
- Engage and support young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men and women in and through music
- Promote social and emotional wellbeing through musical arts
- Identification of strategies to support the individual’s learning
- Musical tuition
- Encourage and promote cultural practices and understanding
- Self-confidence /self-esteem/resilience
- Social/community inclusion
- Provide a culturally sensitive safe space for young people to gather
The Gugan Gulwan Music program meets every Monday 4-5pm during school terms at Gugan Gulwan.
To register your interest in the Music program please click here.