Gugan Gulwan is currently delivering a program named Parenting Our Way to the community.
The aim of the Parenting Our Away program is to engage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents/carers who are interested in exploring their parenting journey, through a number of themed sessions with subject matter experts.
Parenting Our Way Objectives:
• To explore, and celebrate, parenting skills that are working
• To build a strong foundation in communication, conflict resolution and stages of development
• To enhance relationships that support the parenting role
• To explore the roles of different members within the family
• To gain skills to build stronger, positive relationships throughout the different life stages.
This program will be delivered in sessions. These sessions will have a strong focus topic and will use a variety of approaches to allow participants to explore the theme and how it relates to their lived experience. The sessions will be conversational with the aim that those who wish to participate will have the opportunity at many points while those who wish to listen will be able to gain a variety of viewpoints.
We also want feedback from community regarding themes as we specifically want the program content to be community driven. We look forward to seeing you.